DELFI / Šarūnas Mažeika
“I condemn this xenophobic crime when the person was sneered at and attacked for his nationality,” the minister said in a statement. “I hope this crime will be swiftly investigated, and the responsible persons will be punished.”
The minister underlined that Lithuania respects human rights and has never divided people living here according to their nationality.
Earlier in the day, a Vilnius court sanctioned the 20-day arrest of two Vilnius residents, 18 and 26, suspected of a hatred attack against the Ecuadorian in Vilnius earlier this month.
Residing in Vilnius, Ecuadorian Fabian Sanchez says he was attacked at a bus stop on Jul 19. The two men beat him up, shouting “Lithuanian for Lithuanians”.
On March 31 morning, Minister of National Defence Dovilė Šakalienė announced that an M88 armoured…
I admit it: I’m not that type of person who follows domestic and international politics…
While Prime Minister Gintautas Paluckas does not take issue with the statements made by the…
Lithuanian economists are surprised to see our country's economic growth: the Estonian economy has been…
"The fate of Nemuno Aušra (Dawn of Nemunas) in the coalition has been decided; they…
Airvolve, a Lithuanian dual-purpose aeronautics company, has successfully completed its first round of testing and…