Lithuania’s Labour Party approved 69 candidates on Sunday at the party’s meeting for single member constituencies for the upcoming parliament elections, two constituencies remain vacant.
The Lithuanian electoral system is a hybrid: 71 parliamentarians are elected in single member constituencies and 70 MPs in multi-member constituencies from the party lists.
Some of Labour Party‘s notable candidates in single member constituencies were:
5. Fabijoniškių constituency – chairman of the parliamentary National Security and Defence Committee Artūras Paulauskas;
6. Šeškinės – MP Vytautas Gapšys;
17. Dainavos – MP, first deupty chairman Vydas Gedvilas;
37 Kuršo – Education Minister Audronė Pitrėnienė;
43. Kėdainių – Minister of Agriculture Virginija Baltraitienė;
53. Nalšios – Culture Minister Šarūnas Birutis;
61. Ukmergės – Parliament Speaker Loreta Graužinienė;
63. Sūduvos – former Health Minister Algimanta Pabedinskienė;
Be the first to comment