Speaking with journalists in the southeastern Šalčininkai District on Tuesday, the prime minister said the recent report drawn up by the Special Investigation Service contains information about eight vice-ministers who would no be invited to join new ministerial teams.
“I have so far seen information about eight vice-ministers. I don’t know why there have been reports on nine. I can assure you that all eight vice-ministers will definitely not work in the new government,” Butkevičius told journalists.
The prime minister also said in an interview with the national radio LRT a little later that the competence of all vice-ministers in the current government would be reviewed, and nobody would have a guaranteed post.
In response to President Dalia Grybauskaitė’s warnings, the ruling coalition decided last week to sack all vice-ministers indiscriminately and form new teams after the Cabinet returns its powers following the president’s inauguration for a second term on 12 July.