Rita Stundienė, spokeswoman for the Lithuanian Prosecutor General’s Office, told BNS that the next hearing was scheduled for 1 December. She could not say if the court would issue a ruling on that day.
UK officials would not comment on the first hearing held on 24 July, the spokeswoman said.
Rolandas Tilindis, a lawyer representing Antonov, could not be reached by BNS for comment on Monday. He told BNS last week that he had not yet received any information from the court.
Judge John Zani of Westminster Magistrates Court in London ruled in January in favour of extraditing Antonov and Baranauskas on the request of the Lithuanian Prosecutor General’s Office. The two men filed an appeal immediately.
The Lithuanian Prosecutor General’s Office has issued a European arrest warrant for Antonov and Baranauskas, who are suspected of misappropriating about 1.7 billion litas (EUR 493m) of Snoras’ assets. The prosecutors have also imposed restrictions on the suspects’ ownership rights to 805 million litas worth of assets.
Both men currently live in the United Kingdom and are fighting their extradition to Lithuania.
Be the first to comment