Jaz Beach, close to the town of Budva on Montenegro’s Adriatic coast, came top of the Best in Europe 2015 beaches list, ahead of Peniche in Portugal and Rondinara in Corsica, at numbers two and three respectively.
The list concludes with Lithuania’s Curonian Spit at number 10.
Europe’s 10 Best Beaches, according to Lonely Planet:
1. Jaz Beach, Montenegro
2. Peniche, Portugal
3. Rondinara Beach, Corsica, France
4. Cale Goloritze, Sardinia, Italy
5. Vik Beach, Iceland
6. Bantham Beach, England, UK
7. Sandwood Bay, Scotland, UK
8. Cala Macarella, Menorca, Spain
9. Voutoumi, Antipaxi, Greece
10. Curonian Spit, Lithuania