One hurt in nitric acid spill at Achema plant

Achema plant

“Emergency aid was provided immediately in line with our emergency response plan. However, the burn should not be severe,” Ramūnas Miliauskas told BNS.

The emergency situation was handled by the facility’s fire service and the medics who took the worker to hospital, he said.

“Nitric acid started dripping … in one of nine units… The unit was safety stopped and the nitric acid spilled on the concrete. However, it was cleaned up before it could reach the ground waters. There were some fumes since some acid spread over the territory of the plant,” Miliauskas explained.

The incident had no effect on the facility’s operations, he said adding that the broken pipe should be repaired by the end of the day.

You may like

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.